First up, there is Steve. Steve works as a library assistant which means we have oodles and oodles of books in our house. He graduated from Lindbergh High School way back in 1990 and went to UMSL for his bachelors in English. He loves listening to classical music, collects LPs (mostly classical), sports and watching/listening to sports radio.
Next is Rebecca. That's me, your story teller. I am a Labor and Delivery nurse and adjunct clinical faculty for one of the major universities in St. Louis. I graduated in 1996 from Lutheran South and received my bachelors and masters from St. Louis University. I love to read (good thing I married a librarian!) and try my hand at cooking new dishes. I wish I could say that I have a lot more hobbies but being a mom, nurse, wife and clinical faculty doesn't really leave a lot of time for other things. I would love to be crafty and in my head I am...but in reality...not so much . I really need a sewing machine for many of the ideas I do have.
Ok now on to the kiddos. Our oldest is Thomas. He is 6 and is currently a kindergartener at Green Park Lutheran School. He LOVES it. It still seems strange to say that we have a kindergartener much less that he is 6! Time has definitely flown by! Thomas loves superheroes, muscle man (a completely made up superhero that we hear about daily), toy story, music and alternating between loving his sister and aggravating her to tears sometimes.
Clare..oh Clare. What can I say about our princess? Clare is 4 going on 13 most days. She attends preschool 2 days a week and loves it as well. Clare is definitely the picture of a girly girl. We don't like to get dirty, we don't like it when we have to wear pants and we don't like when our brother picks on us. Clare is definitely her own person and as frustrating as her whining can get sometimes, I can't remember life before she came around! She loves crafts, reading, princesses, barbies and playing house with her Fisher Price people.
Finally, we have Peanut...also known as Anna. Anna was born November 10th. I wish I could say that her pregnancy was uncomplicated but that's not really true. As with the other 2, I tend to develop high blood in the third trimester. This time around, we were being proactive and started treating early. The meds were doing a good job of keeping my pressure low enough to not being concerned until Halloween when it started to climb. I had a feeling it was climbing as I could no longer comfortably wear shoes due to the swelling and call it mother's instinct, but I just knew. I was admitted to the hospital for 2 days the beginning of November for bedrest and a change in medicine. Once I was discharged, I was home on bedrest for a week, and my pressures were pretty consistent. Anna arrived in typical Bugala style...amid a heartrate deceleration and breech presentation. She arrived weighing 8 pounds 5 ounces...bigger than 8-1 Clare but definitely smaller than her 9-9 brother! She has been amazing so far. We are sleeping 11 hours at night and we love her smiles and cooing. Now if only she would nap in her crib instead of only in the car...Oh well guess we can't have everything although I definitely see the Sleep Lady routine in our future!
Ok those are the main characters. I'm sure that there will be plenty more that will be introduced along the way like the 2 dogs (Otis and Cooper) and the 2 cats (Milo and Sneakers), other family members and friends.
Welcome to our Life Play...sit back and enjoy! (yes Anna is in this picture. I was still pregnant with her!)

No comments:
Post a Comment