Friday, March 9, 2012
Thankful Thursday
Today I am thankful for my great OB and her partners. Anna's pregnancy was anything but picture perfect. I was nausea the first 20+ weeks, never throwing up but dry heaving ALL THE TIME. Even though I declined medication, I was offered it at every visit. This time around I was started on BP medicine early in the first trimester. A history of high blood pressure with the 2 previous pregnancies was all it took to be prescribed medication this time around. I also started fetal monitoring at 32weeks. Once a week I would go for a NST and ultrasound. Fast forward to the beginning of November and what was suppose to be a normal monitoring day turned into an admission for high blood pressure, labs and a 24 hr urine. I was in the hospital on strict bedrest for 2 days. My OB saw me each morning and was not only concerned about Anna and me but was also concerned about Thomas & Clare and how they were doing at home. When I saw her on that Monday following discharge, we talked about moving the c-section. We talked about the kiddos at home, we talked about Anna. I never felt rushed to make a decision or that I was making the wrong decision. When we delivered, it was my OB there for the delivery. Even though I didn't see her throughout the rest of my stay, I knew she knew what was going on. When I went for my annual and ended up in tears, she was there to comfort me. I am thankful that I have a doctor who I love and I know is looking out for not just me but my whole family as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love that group too! Also, you've been tagged! Check out my blog.
ReplyDelete